The Parts of the book are:
I. The history of the intact Kingdom under Solomon, Chapters 1-10, in which are:
1. Solomon’s inauguration: chapter 1.
2. Things pertaining to David’s death: chapter 2.
3. Solomon’s wisdom, and a specimen of the same: chapter 3.
4. The administration of the Kingdom: chapters 4-10.
a. Economic and political: chapter 4.
b. Ecclesiastical in the building of the Temple: chapters 5-10: in which are:
α. The materials supplied by Hiram: chapter 5.
β. The form of the Temple: chapter 6.
γ. The house of Solomon; the vessels of the Temple: chapter 7.
δ. The consecration of the Temple: chapter 8.
ε. The apparition of God: chapter 9.
5. The authority of Solomon among foreigners, and the Queen of Sheba: chapter 10.
II. The history of the Kingdom divided under Rehoboam, Abijah, Asa, and Jehoshaphat, Chapters 11-22: in which are:
1. The cause of the division, the sin of Solomon: chapter 11.
2. The history of four Kings:
a. Of Rehoboam: chapters 12-14: in which are:
α. The division of the Kingdom under him: chapter 12.
β. Punishment denounced against Jeroboam: chapter 13.
γ. The ruin of Jeroboam: chapter 14.
b. Of Abijah: chapter 15:1-8.
c. Of Asa: chapter 15:9-24.
d. Under Jehoshaphat: chapter 15:25-22:53.
α. The murder of Nadab: chapter 15:25-34.
β. Elah, Zimri, Omni, Ahab: chapter 16.
γ. The famine of Elijah; the widow of Zarephath: chapter 17.
δ. The slaughter of the Prophets of Baal: chapter 18.
ε. The retreat of Elijah; the anointing of Jehu: chapter 19.
ζ. Ahab and Ben-hadad waging war: chapter 20.
η. Naboth: chapter 21.
θ. The covenant of Ahab and Jehoshaphat: chapter 22.