Updated: Apr 23
I. The Introduction to the book, its inscription, subscription, salutation, and summary, chapter 1:1-11.
II. Seven Visions concerning the state of Christ’s Church, militant on this earth, chapters 1:12-22:5: in which are:
1. The Vision of the Son of Man, dictating the seven Epistles: chapters 1:12-3:22: in which are:
a. A description of Christ the Revealer: chapter 1:12-20.
b. The seven Epistles to the Angels:
α. Of Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamos, Thyatira: chapter 2.
β. Of Sardis, Philadelphia, Laodicea: chapter 3.
2. The Vision of the throne, of the book, of the seals: chapters 4:1-8:1.
a. Of the throne, and of the one sitting on it variously celebrated: chapter 4.
b. Of the book, opened only by the Lamb: chapter 5.
c. Of the seven seals: chapters 6:1-8:1.
α. Of the first six seals: chapter 6.
β. Of things connected with the opening of the seventh seal: chapter 7.
γ. Of the seventh seal: chapter 8:1.
3. The Vision of the seven Angels with seven trumpets: chapters 8:2-11:19: namely,
a. Of four Angels with four trumpets: chapter 8:2-13.
b. Of two Angels, with the fifth and sixth trumpets: chapter 9.
c. Of an Angel coming from heaven with a little book eaten by John: chapter 10.
d. Of the measurement of the Temple, of the two witnesses, and of the seventh Angel with the seventh trumpet: chapter 11.
4. The Vision of the Dragon, of the Beasts, of the Victory of the Lamb: chapters 12-14.
a. Of the war of the Dragon with the woman: chapter 12.
b. Of the two Beasts: chapter 13.
c. Of the victory of the Lamb over the Beast: chapter 14.
5. The Vision of the vials, of the judgment of the harlot: chapters 15-19.
a. Of the seven vials: chapters 15; 16.
α. Of the seven Angels, of the overcomers of the Beast, of the seven plagues: chapter 15.
β. Of the seven vials of the wrath of God poured out: chapter 16.
b. Of the judgment of the harlot: chapters 17-19.
α. Of the judgment of the great harlot: chapter 17.
β. Of the one showing the fall of Babylon: chapter 18.
γ. Of the judgment of God extolled, of the great Supper, of the Beast and False Prophet cast into the lake: chapter 19.
6. The Vision concerning the Dragon bound, loosed, cast into the lake of fire; of the while throne, the judgment from the books, the resurrection of the dead: chapter 20.
7. The Vision of the New Jerusalem: chapters 21:1-22:5.
a. Of heaven, earth, new Jerusalem, the Bride of the Lamb: chapter 21.
b. Of the river of the water of life: chapter 22:1-5.
III. The Epilogue, and in it the words of an Angel, with John attempting to worship him, the commandment to publish the book, the words of Christ, the sealing of the Canon, chapter 22:6-21.