I. Description and revelation of the Person of Christ: chapters 1, 2. In which are,
1. His genealogy, conception, and birth: chapter 1.
2. A revelation made to the Magi, and the flight into Egypt and return: chapter 2.
II. His forerunner, John the Baptist, baptizing many into the faith of Christ, and even Christ Himself: chapter 3.
III. The actions of Christ, teaching and miracles: chapters 4-25. In which are,
1. His preparation through temptation, and the choosing of the disciples: chapter 4.
2. The sermon on the mount: chapters 5-7. In which are,
a. The Beatitudes, the duty of the Apostles, and the law vindicated: chapter 5.
b. Teaching concerning Alms, prayers, greed: chapter 6.
c. Concerning judgments about brethren, prayers, and genuine possession: chapter 7.
3. A leprous man, and the servant of the centurion, healed; the sea calmed; Devils driven out: chapter 8.
4. A paralytic, a woman with an issue of blood, blind men, and demoniacs healed; Matthew called; a daughter raised from the dead; Christ’s compassion on the people: chapter 9.
5. The disciples’ first mission and instructions: chapter 10.
6. A response give to John, and a commendation of him; a rebuke to cities; invitation to the miserable: chapter 11.
7. Works appropriate for the Sabbath; the Sin against the Holy Spirit; Christ’s Mother and brethren: chapter 12.
8. Parables, of the Sower, of the tares, of leaven, of the mustard seed, of the treasure, of the pearl, of the net; and the contempt of Christ in His own country: chapter 13.
9. The martyrdom of John the Baptist; the miraculous feeding of multitudes; Christ walking on the water: chapter 14.
10. Invective against traditions; the daughter of a Canaanite woman and others healed; a miraculous feeding: chapter 15.
11. A sign sought by the Pharisees, and their leaven; the confession of Peter; the sufferings and the following of Christ: chapter 16.
12. Transfiguration on the mount; John as Elijah; a lunatic healed; the sufferings of Christ; paying of tribute: chapter 17.
13. Humility commended; the danger of scandal; the correction of a brother; the forgiving of offenses: chapter 18.
14. Teaching concerning divorce and celibacy; the presumption of a young man repressed: chapter 19.
15. Parable concerning those called into the vineyard; sufferings predicted; humility in Ministers commended; restoration of the blind: chapter 20.
16. Entrance into Jerusalem: chapters 21-25. In which are,
a. The purging of the Temple; a fig tree cursed; the baptism of John: chapter 21.
b. Parable concerning a wedding; tribute; the son of David: chapter 22.
c. Invectives against the Scribes, Pharisees, and Jerusalem: chapter 23.
d. The final judgment of Jerusalem and the world: chapter 24.
e. The time of the judgment: chapter 25.
IV. The Sufferings of the Christ: chapters 26, 27. In which are,
1. The history of the passion, unto the denial of Peter: chapter 26.
2. The rest of the passion, death, and burial: chapter 27.
V. The Glory of the resurrection of Christ:chapter 28.