I. The Mysteries of the faith, chapters 1-3. In which is:
1. The praise of God on account of the spiritual benefits bestowed: chapter 1:1-15.
2. A prayer, that the Ephesians might know:
a. The power of God toward believers, in which is:
α. A comparison of it with that power, whereby God raised Christ: chapter 1:16-23.
β. Its efficacy in quickening the Ephesians together with Christ: chapter 2:1-10.
b. The inheritance of the Gentiles, in which is:
α. The access of the Gentiles to God through the blood of Christ: chapter 2:11-22.
β. The dispensation of God toward the Gentiles in the mystery revealed to him, and in the ministry committed to him: chapter 3:1-13.
c. The hope of their calling, to the acknowledgement of the love of Christ: chapter 3:14-21.
II. The duties of life, chapters 4-6: in which is an exhortation:
1. To the unity of the Spirit, the mortification of the old man, and the vivification of the new: chapter 4.
2. To love, sincerity of life, and the mutual duties of spouses: chapter 5.
3. To the mutual duties of children and parent, servants and Masters, and the fight with spiritual enemies: chapter 6.