The Parts of the book are:
I. The history of the Kingdom flourishing, Chapters 1-16, in which is:
1. The history of Jehoshaphat continued: chapters 1-8: in which are:
a. Ahaziah’s fall and death: chapter 1.
b. Elijah’s rapture: chapter 2.
c. The war of Joram and Jehoshaphat against the Moabites, and a miracle of Elisha: chapter 3.
d. Elisha’s miracles, the oil, and the son of the Shunammite: chapter 4.
e. Naaman the leper: chapter 5.
f. Three miracles of Elisha, the ax, Samaria’s deliverance, famine: chapter 6.
g. The Syrians put to flight, the cheapness of grain: chapter 7.
h. Elisha’s prophecy: chapter 8:1-15.
2. The history of Joram: chapter 8:16-24.
3. The history of Ahaziah: chapter 8:25-10:36.
a. The impiety of Ahaziah: chapter 8:25-29.
b. The destruction of Joram and the house of Ahab by Jehu: chapter 9.
c. The zeal of Jehu against the house of Ahab and the worshippers of Baal: chapter 10.
4. The history of Athaliah, and the piety of Jehoiada: chapter 11.
5. The history of Joash, in which are:
a. The degeneration of Joash: chapter 12.
b. The Syrians thrice defeated; the death of Elisha: chapter 13.
6. The history of Amaziah, etc.: chapter 14.
7. The history of Uzziah: chapter 15:1-31.
8. The history of Jotham: chapter 15:32-38.
9. The history of Ahaz: chapter 16.
II. The history of the Kingdom falling, Chapters 17-25, in which are:
1. The history of the fall of the Kingdom of Israel: chapter 17.
2. The history of the fall of the Kingdom of Judah: chapters 18-25.
a. The history of the Kingdom shaken: chapters 18:1-23:33: in which are:
α. The history of Hezekiah, and in it:
א. The war with Assyria: chapter 18.
ב. The slaughter by the Angel: chapter 19.
ג. Illness: chapter 20.
β. Of Manasseh: chapter 21:1-17.
γ. Of Amon: chapter 21:18-26.
δ. Of Josiah, his piety: chapter 22: passover: chapter 23:1-30.
ε. Of Jehoahaz: chapter 23:31-33.
b. The history of the Kingdom falling: in which are:
α. Jehoiakim put to tribute: chapter 23:34-37.
β. Brought to ruin: chapter 24:1-6.
γ. Jehoiachin taken away: chapter 24:7-20.
δ. The Babylonian captivity under Zedekiah: chapter 25.