Heidegger's Bible Handbook: Nehemiah: Synoptic Outline
The Parts of the book are:
I. The ascent of Nehemiah to restore the city, Chapters 1-7: in which are:
1. Its occasion, the message concerning the city lying in ruins: chapter 1.
2. His dismissal obtained from the King: chapter 2.
3. The building of the city: chapters 3-6: in which are:
a. The buildings, common and individual: chapter 3.
b. A threefold obstacle overcome:
α. The conspiracy of Sanballat: chapter 4.
β. A failure of resources: chapter 5.
γ. A new conspiracy of Sanballat: chapter 6.
4. The restoration of the polity, and a record of the inhabitants of the city: chapter 7.
II. The Reformation of the Church, Chapters 8-13: in which are:
1. A first Reformation: chapters 8-10: in which are:
a. The reading of the Law instituted: chapter 8.
b. The public repentance of the people hearing the law: chapter 9.
c. A solemn covenant entered into with God: chapter 10.
2. Things annexed to the first Reformation: chapters 11-12: in which are:
a. A distinction of dwellings for the people in the city and in the field: chapter 11.
b. A record of the Priests, and their succession to the times of Alexander the Great: chapter 12.
3. A second Reformation of the Church after the second ascent of Nehemiah: chapter 13.