The Prophecies of this book are:
I. Typical, Chapters 1-3: in which are:
1. Pericope I, and in it:
a. The title, and the type of matrimony: chapter 1.
b. Blessings to be bestowed upon the remnants: chapter 2.
2. Pericope II, in which is the type of the Prophet commanded to love an adulterous woman: chapter 3.
II. Simple, Chapters 4-14: in which are:
1. Pericope III, a rebuke of the people: chapter 4.
2. Pericope IV, and in it:
a. The punishment of the Nobles: chapter 5.
b. Reproach arising from blessings: chapter 6.
3. Pericope V, in which are:
a. The punishment of the ten tribes: chapter 7.
b. The sins and punishments of Israel: chapter 8.
c. Final destruction: chapter 9.
d. The untimely death of the King: chapter 10.
4. Pericope VI, the ingratitude of the people, their punishment, and God’s mercy: chapter 11.
5. Pericope VII, in which are:
a. The defection of Ephraim and the constancy of Judah: chapter 12.
b. The destruction and restoration of Ephraim: chapter 13.
c. The repentance of Israel: chapter 14.