Heidegger's Bible Handbook: Esther: Synoptic Outline
The Parts of the book are:
I. The elevation of Esther, Chapters 1; 2, in which are:
1. The occasion of this elevation, the feast of the King, the Pride of Vashti: chapter 1.
2. The elevation of Esther, and the detection of the plot against the King: chapter 2.
II. Haman’s deadly treachery and end, Chapters 3-10, in which are:
1. The bloody counsel against the Jews: chapter 3.
2. The mourning of Mordecai: chapter 4:1-4.
3. Haman’s counsel evaded, and the liberation of the people, chapters 4:10-10:3, in which are:
a. The means of liberation:
α. The vigilance of Modecai: chapter 4:5-17.
β. The prudence of Esther: a banquet prepared: chapter 5.
Mordecai honored: chapter 6.
A second banquet: chapter 7:1-6.
b. The denouement, with respect to:
α. Haman: chapter 7:7-10.
β. Exalted Mordecai: chapter 8.
γ. The slaughtered enemies of the Jews: chapter 9:1-17.
c. Thanksgiving, with the Feast of Purim instituted: chapter 9:18-32.
d. The enlargement of the dignity of Mordecai: chapter 10.